Sunday, April 27, 2014

More Revealed

I worked so hard to make everything fit in just right in my head.

There is no peace in trying to create peace through what you think.

I wanted to feel better, when what I really needed was a greater revelation of how good God is.

For years, I wanted to fix my feelings. For years, I was looking at maintaining some kind of emtoinal equilibrium in order to make it through life.

I was living under law, not under grace.

I had no idea that God Almighty has been providing all things for me.

Grace? Never heard of it. Christ? I  understood that He died for me, but I did not have a deep understanding of what His death on the Cross meant for me.

When I was upset or angry, I tried to fix it with what I was thinking or doing.

Such will be the case for a person who is trapped in the Twelve Step cult.

Keep coming back. It works if you work it.

No, it does not work at all.

No, it does not work.

More importantly, though, He is working all things for us.

Jesus did not just die on the Cross for our sins. He died to give us His life and standing through the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness (Romans 5: 17) -- His righteousness.

The very thing which Jesus told His would-be disciples to seek, we freely receive.

O, so much is revealed to me this day. So much.

I had heard of Him by the hearing of the ear, but today I see Him, just as Job did in the next to last chapter  the book named after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment