Friday, April 25, 2014

The Fight Is Finished

There was so much pain in my head for a long time.

The pain, the frustration, the self-imposed mind control was more than I could bear, for so long.

I had spent so long thinking that what I was thinking was what I was thinking, or rather that I was responsible for every thought flowing through my head.

We will have negative emotions, we will have troubling remonstrances.

We do not identity with our heads, but with our hearts, for out of our heart spring the issues of life which the Spirit of God grants to us.

We must stop looking at ourselves, and stop worrying about the fears and tremors which upset us.

This is no longer a life of looking at our thoughts and feelings.

This life is His life living in and through us.

I cannot tell you how many people, how many Christians I meet, who are convinced that this life is a life which we live, and Jesus is there to help us.

Jesus is not just driving the car, so to speak.

He is the driver, the car, the road, the pathway, the speed, the gasoline.

John reverentially recorded Jesus' defining Himself:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

The fight is finished, so that in Christ, we find that He is taking care of all things, and through Him we receive all things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment