Sunday, April 27, 2014

Not Our Thoughts and Feelings - His!

We are not our thoughts, our feelings, or our ups and downs.

Any cult which tells you to keep looking at your feelings, is a cult from which you should feel an immediate need to get away from.

Alcoholics Anonymous gives its members the false notion that they have to maintain an emotional balanced in their lives or else.

Couple these frauds with the falsehood that we have to feel God's presence in our lives, and then a man will find himself going around and around in circles.

I was often fearful of the future, of people, and the potential challenges which I would face.

Now I realize that there were fears, tumults, and upsets in my body and mind which I was never supposed to identify with in the first place.

I am not my feelings, I am not any sense of shame, fear, dread, etc.

God is not bound by what I feel or think. He is working actively and intimately in my life, and more importantly He is doing the same for you.

It's all about Jesus.

It's all about what He has done for us.

He is all about doing everything for us.

He wants us to trust Him, to put our mind at rest, to believe that all our sins are put away, paid for, and sent away.

AA makes  people do everything possible to upend and frustrate the new covenant of God's grace.

I cannot tell you how many times my mother, who was knee deep in the AA cult, would talk about Jesus.

Not one mention of the blood. Not one mention of His High Priesthood.

Not one mention of anything associated with what His death does for all of us who believe on Him.

The more that I look back on all the terrible things which I had "learned" the more I realize how badly I was lied to. Lied to, and all in the name of "working a program".

AA kills, AA deceives. AA is Satanic:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

Forgiveness for all the terrible things I was taught was not easy, at first.

When I learned that I did not have to identify with how I felt or what I thought, then forgiveness was easy, because Christ lives in me and works within me both to will and to do for Him.

The recurring patterns of  bitterness, fear, and anger are not mine to do anything with. They are all ashes all burned away, since the old man has been taken, and a new creation is born to me in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment