Wednesday, April 23, 2014

He is Fixing Me

Another reason why I despise the AA cult.

The awful regimen of working Twelve Steps, going through the motions, working this program, trying to make amends to everyone you have harmed, creates more problems because instead of growth in grace and peace, men and women find themselves living a life of disquieted desperation.

I was never used to the idea that God Himself is committed to taking care of everything for me, that He is not just watching out of me, but wants to step into every situation that I am facing and working in me, too.

For so long, I was upset about my thought life so consumed with myself, trying to fix myself, focused on maintaining a set of thoughts and feelings, unsure of what I wanted to do countered with the feelings that I felt.

Sometimes, I feared that what I was thinking would prevent God from working in my life.

In many instances throughout my life, I had no idea that Jesus is taking care of me at all times in all places. I was afraid of other people because I had believed for so long that I was on my own for everything.

No wonder I tried to have this life figured out in my head.

No wonder I was in so much pain, as are so many other people.

No wonder so many people resort to drugs, alcohol, or other medications to deal with the stress of "modern life".

Life without Christ is not life at all, but a struggling death, coupled with a sense of loneliness, this aching anxiety that I am left to care for myself.

We are cared for, however, and we do not have to fight our battles in our strength, but can rest and rely on His.

Christ Jesus is fixing us through His Holy Spirit, and even when we fear strain or frustration in our walk, we can rest assured that GOd our Father is making our enemies our footstool.

Forget AA, and forget all other man-made attempts to justify yourself. Let Christ be your righteousness, and let Him bless you with all spiritual blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment