Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Was Focused on Feelings, Not the Truth

The truth which sets us free is the Gospel of grace.

We are set free when we understand that we are justified freely from all things, that the Law of Moses could not justify us from (Acts 13: 37-39)

We are set free from all our sins, even the sins of our future, which remain in the flesh.

This flesh issue does not get enough attention in our churches, mostly because church leaders are more focused on trying to get people to be better, when there is no good thing that dwells in our flesh, and thus we need something more than something better - we need Someone better, who lives in us to grant us eternal life.

I was convinced that I had to create this peace in my life, that I had to force my mind not to wander. I placed these heavy demands, believing that as long as I was doing my "one percent", then Jesus would so the 99% I have since then learned that there is not one thing that I can add to all that Jesus and does for me.

Not one thing. I am saved by grace through faith in what Jesus did, and there is not one thing more that need be added to it.

Yet for a long time, I continued to believe that that was the case.

Such was the trauma into which I found myself placed.

If I felt bad, or got angry, then I would get scared, because I had to do something about how I felt so that I could go back to taking care of what ever was in front of me at the time.

How frustrating this life became.

The pain, the pressure of trying to hold your inside together so that the rest of the world outside of you would be held in place, too.

Never was I called to that setback. Never.

We are called to cast all our cares on Him, for He cares for us.

But because I did not believe in the New Covenant, because I never realized that all my sins were forgiven forever, I could not rest.

The feelings, the feelings were all too often what I relied on to stay at peace. If I felt bad, then I actually believed that God was not OK with me. Outrageous!

But that is what I believed.

We are not saved by feelings. We are saved by grace through faith, and this faith focuses on what Jesus did at the Cross.

That is the truth:

"To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you." (Galatians 2: 5)

Paul defined the Gospel earlier:

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:" (Galatians 1: 6)

It is the Gospel of Grace which sets us free -- that is the truth (John 8: 32)

Focus on the truth, everyone, and the feelings will follow every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment