Monday, April 7, 2014

I Really Was Thinking Too Much

"Stop thinking so much!" people were always telling me.

I was thinking too much? I thought that we had to think, that we had to figure everything out, that we had to have all the answers.

No.

We do not need answers. We need the Answer. We do not need to figure everything out. We need to know Him who has everything figured out.

I did not need to be thinking so much, as much as I needed to know that He is thinking and taking care of all things.

Yet why did I not submit myself to the simple rest of trusting that Jesus Christ, He who has been from the beginning, had been taking care of everything from the Beginning?

1. AA

I was raised to live "my life" by those hollow, crappy, wicked precepts, all of which presuppose some kind of strength in man.

We have no strength apart from Jesus:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

Because of Him, though, we can do all things:


"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4: 13)

and

"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 29)

and also

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

And don't forget this:

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." (1 John 4: 9)

As long as my understanding of Jesus was crippled by a cult which taught me to look and teach myself, which told me that I could make myself better, with God's "help", I could look forward to nothing but going around and around, wandering and wondering why "my life" was going nowhere.

When we understand that He is our life (Colossians 3 : 1-4), then we find that He is taking care of all things, and thus we do not have to think about everything, as if God Himself is not on the job. He is not only on the job, but He is the job, for He is working in us, both to will and to do for His good pleasure (Philippians 2: 12-13)

It is not our job to think about what to do, as if we have to make up for God's lack of energy, or that we have to live this life.

He is our life, and He is living and working in us for all things. Our job is to believe on Him, that He was sent for us, to die for us, to live for us, and that He is all things for us, whatever we may face.


No comments:

Post a Comment