Monday, April 14, 2014

No Program For Sin in the Flesh -- But a Perfect Work

I used to bother people all day and all night about my fears, hurts, struggles, sins, hang-ups, hurts, all the rest.

Terrible but true, and the best thing that one person could do more was to tell me stop calling him and crying about how bad I felt, etc.

The truth remains that as long as we believe that we can fix ourselves, that we have to do something about the sinful tendencies and emotions in our flesh, in our heads, then we are destined for nothing but frustration and bitterness in our lives.

Life becomes a tragic dance of trying to fix one problem after the other in our lives.

That is not life and that more abundantly, which Jesus promises to all who believe on Him.

We are promised a life more than conquering, not one conquered by sin and failure, matched with defeat upon defeat.

He is our life, one who lives and moves in us.

We are not responsible for bringing up this life in our strength, but rather permitting His life to flow in us.

I am not trying -- He is vying.

For people like me, who grew up with a heavy religious background based on trying one's best, I found that this life and that more abundantly just eluded me.

A sense of fear, a lack of strength and vitality, a chronic case of frustration and upset seemed so dominant. 

Such is the case if you wake up every day, convinced that this life depends entirely on you.

That is not the promise which God grants to us through His Son:

"
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
Jesus is that good, and God our Father loved us so much, that in giving us His Son, to be our propitiation for all our sins, a New Covenant was cut for us, that we would be one with God through His Son, and receive all things through Him.
 
There is no program for fixing our flesh, because in Christ we are perfected forever (Hebrews 10: 14), that we may be dead to sin (Romans 6:11-12, Colossians 3: 4)
 
We live and thrive in a perfect work. Let His work perfect you in thought and deed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment