Saturday, April 26, 2014

Still So Wonderful

The pain and the strain in my mind would set me off so much of the time.

I had no idea what to do in the past.

Every time that I got angry or fearful, I believed that I had to do something about the feeling. I had to make sure that the sense of upset and frustration went away, so that I would not be distracted and frustrated.

This afternoon, I began to realize what has been the problem, and I realized how directly the frustration had been impacted me.

I kept confusing feelings with faith.

If I felt torn up or frustrated when I would feel upset or blocked on the inside.

I kept thinking that I had to do something about the feelings so that I could believe on Him for anything, for all things.

I would even ask God to remove the feelings, for some reason.

The more that I would ask God to remove the feelings of frustration, anger, tension, fear, etc. the response I would hear in my heart was:

"Why do you need the feelings removed?"

Indeed, why did I have to feel a certain way?

I had confused faith and feelings. That's not right.

The thoughts that would trigger upset feelings, moreover, were never mine to begin with.

That was the cycle I found myself in time and time again.

I had to make sure that I felt a certain way. I had to make sure that there was no tension in my head. As soon as I was troubled in some way, then I would get upset, convinced that I had to do something about it.

Jesus Christ has taken care of everything already.

Therefore, you and I do not have to feel bad about feeling bad, because He is on the job taking care of us.

Cast your cares on him, therefore, and let not your heart be troubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment