Thursday, April 3, 2014

Can't Go Back to the Old Covenant (or AA)

If I do not believe that all my sins are forgiven, then there is pain and suffering in my life, as will emerge in the lives of all Christians, all children of God.

The notion that I can go back to living under stress and duress has been put to rest.

The hardships which I have faced, all go back to Alcoholics Anonymous, and the outrageous notions that I was on my own in this life.

No one should ever feel that way. Ever.

Jesus did not die on the Cross for men and women to struggle with a lonely, orphan spirit.

Jesus did not die on the Cross for us to struggle and fend for ourselves.

Yet if you believe that we are made righteous daily by what we do, instead of all that Jesus has done, that sense of distance will be inescapable.

I felt that painful tug in my life for so long, it was just unbearable.

There was no future for me, it seemed, and I felt that God was so distant.

One day He seemed so near, the next minute He seemed so far away.

As long as we have some kind of works mentality, we have no choice but to keep searching for something more to do.

We have no choice but to continue looking at our thoughts and feelings, convinced that how we feel or what we think makes or breaks God's presence or power in our lives.

I was taught about God's righteousness, that I was made the righteousness of God in Christ.

No one had taught me that I had to get rid of the Old Covenant and step and rest in the New Covenant.

As long as I was convinced that life was about working some kind of program, then there was no quality of life beyond keeping myself just a little bit happier than yesterday.

A life of progress not perfection is just devastating and putrid, because no good thing dwells in our flesh, and we can do nothing of ourselves.

Life was so empty on my own, because life is not about us. Life is a Person, and not Bill W, a baseless and base charlatan who concocted a poppy-cock self-improvement program which wrecks people even further.

I have tasted the New Covenant, and I have jumped in with both feet. I simply cannot go back to the way things used to be, or there is nothing but pain and suffering waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment