Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Update About the Truth

The truth of the Gospel is that in Christ, we are justified from all sins for all time forever.

There is no place for sin, shame, guilt, reproach, or any other terrible thing.

Not the terror of God, but His Love, accomplished for us at the Cross, takes away all our fears and torments, and brings us into perfects standing before our Daddy God.

The AA cult does the exact opposite, telling people that they have to get right with God first, so that He can work in our lives.

The never-ending self-treadmill brings people to a terrible end, in that they can do nothing but rehearse and repeat their sins and failures.

I hate AA.

I love Jesus, because today I know how much He loves me.

I never realized how important it is to know His love for me.

For so long, I was so caught up in my feelings, that I had to feel good or bad, and that was qualified as God's love for me.

I was so caught up in feelings, and how else can one be, if one is raised in a cult which teaches you that you are sick, are insane, and must run your life by some "Higher power" -- in truth, the sick program of Alcoholics Anonymous and the dictates of some dictator-sponsor who feels marginally better than you because he has more time in the program.

I lived with a sense of shame on the inside all the time, as if every time I felt bad, it meant that I had to do something about it.

How easy it was for people to offend me. How fearful I was stepping into this world every day. I put my sense of peace and respect into what other people thought of me. That is wrong. Who we are has nothing to do with who we are, but everything to do with who He is.

The sense of demand, shame, and frustration is now gone. This is a life which He lives in me, and which I am now receiving in greater measure, recognizing that God the Father fulfilled his righteousness and His love at the Cross through His Son, for me.

That is the truth which sets me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment