Saturday, April 19, 2014

"You're Too Happy to Be Here!"

When I was forced to go to AA meetings, some of the members there told me that I did not belong there.
Too Happy to Be in AA
Stay Happy - Stay Away from AA
They were right - but they should have included those who were struggling with sobriety as well.

I was never an alcoholic. I have shared this fact many times on this blog.

My mother forced me to go to those terrible meetings, as she was convinced that whatever was holding me back in life could be fixed by sitting in those meetings and listening to other "recovering alcoholics" heal.

Yeah, right.

When I look back on what happened to me as I was growing up, living in a home where the Twelve Steps was treated like Gospel Truth, I fully realize why life on life's terms was so difficult.

There is no life with Christ Jesus. There is no life without His life flowing through you.

We cannot add a set of rules to the mix to help us have life, either.

Life is the very Person who comes to live in us:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14: 6)

Either you believe it or you do not believe it.

As long as I believed that I could have Jesus and work the Twelve Steps, too, such actions ended up voiding my faith in Christ, as well as the faith of Christ living in me.

This new way of walking is so unique, and so carefree. I never knew that life could be so wonderful.

So, there I was in those cult meetings.

People would see me there and wonder what I was doing there.

"You're not an alcoholic! You just ran a few red lights."

I never ran red lights, and I was never drunk behind the wheel of  a car, either. Now, I do not advertise myself as "better than" just because I never drank alcohol, let alone got drunk. No matter how well we may behave, no good things dwells in our flesh. We need His Spirit, His life, to live out the holiness that He is.

Still, the fact that I had never fallen into alcoholism, let alone ended up working an evil cult set of steps to get sober again, all point to the truth that there is no joy or happiness in AA meetings. Most people are barely hanging on as it is, and even then very few people get sober and stay there with any joy or peace in their lives.

Plus the fact that the program perpetuates an evil conscience, and no wonder the success rate for sobriety is so low, and why the suicide rate is disturbingly high.

As for those of us who are "too happy to be there", I know that the program never was designed to work, no matter how hard anyone works it, and I am more than happy to tell as many people out there as possible to get away from AA!

No comments:

Post a Comment