Wednesday, April 23, 2014

AA is Mind Control -- Evil!

We do not fix the pain and hurt in our minds with our own efforts.

The verse in 3 John could not be clearer:

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

Literally, our souls prosper themselves. We do not prosper our souls by our efforts, and we do not restore our insides with outside efforts.

This work belongs to the Holy Spirit:

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5: 16)

The Spirit of God lives in us and flows through us, but more importantly teaches us all things:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14: 26)

and then

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3: 18)

He transforms us, not we ourselves.

This statement makes sense now, but for a long time, I believed that it was up to me to change me.

This passage stands out regarding man's efforts to improve himself:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." (Isaiah 64: 6)

This verse should discourage anyone from thinking that they can fix themselves. Our righteousnesses, or righteous deeds, not only do not clean us, but because they are filthy rags, they make us more dirty.

Can you imagine that frustration? The more that you try to make yourself OK, or to improve yourself, the worse it gets. Terrible.

Paul talked about this conflict in Romans 7:

"14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
 
"21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7: 14-25)
 
We cannot fix ourselves, and the more that we try to, that law of sin and death breaks out in greater strength and force.
 
Instead of trying to earn righteousness through what we do, God our Father invites us to receive it and keep receiving it as a gift:
 
"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)
 
"Receive" should be "are receiving"-- this gift we do not seek through our efforts, but we receive and keep receiving because of God's grace through all that His Son did for us.
 
Why do I review this information? The more that we know who we are in Christ, the more that we see that His Holy Spirit transforms us, not us trying to transform ourselves, then we stop getting alarmed when we find ourselves thinking bitter, angry thoughts, or getting anxious and fearful.
 
I am learning to rest and believe that He is  making my enemies my footstool.
 
AA teaches, not deceives people into thinking that even though they have been "reborn", they need to spend a great deal of their time fixing themselves, maintaining a set life of sobriety, taking their inventory, working the steps, reaching out to other alcoholics ,etc.
 
However, man's greatest need is righteousness, which allows Christ's life to break out within us. When we receive His gifts of righteousness and grace, then we stop trying to fix ourselves, and we trust that whatever needs to be done, He will do it:
 
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" (Philippians 1: 6)
 
How about that?
 
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2: 10)
 
AA is mind control, which tells you that you have to think and feel a certain way in order for God to work in and through you. Wrong!
 
He is working already and He is willing and moving in you, Beloved, if you have believed on Him for all things.
 
Do not worry about trying to fix your mind or your feelings, but trust that He is taking care of all things for you.
 
Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment