Saturday, April 26, 2014

Stopped Trying to Figure Things Out

Today I realize why times were so tough.

Religious programs and cults like AA are all about men and women trusting in their efforts and trying to figure things out.

We are not called to figure out everything in this life.

He is our life, and He has everything all figured out.

We can trust Him to take care of all things.

Not in wrestling matters in our heads, but rest our hearts in His grace, thus we overcome ever challenge.

More wonderful revelations are breaking through now.

The patterns of hurt feelings, bad thoughts, and bitter reminiscences -- they do not belong to us at all.

For so long I was owning these thoughts, these feelings these setbacks,

They are not mine to deal with, at all!

Where did these dumb ideas come from in the first place, that I had to settle every bad thought or feeling in my flesh in order to do or be or have anything in this life?

It all starts with the false notion that this life is mine, or more specifically, that I create this life.

Not at all.

This is not a life of works and strain, but grace and peace:

"Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." (1 Peter 1: 2)

and also

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord" (2 Peter 1: 2)

We do not get grace and peace in our lives by working Twelve Steps, or doing more good works. Grace and peace enter into our lives as we learn more about Jesus, and more importantly as we realize how much He knows and cares for us.

For years, I would spin around in my head, trying to figure things out.

No. I do not have to figure things out. There is no further reason for me or for anyone else to struggle within to figure everything out.

He holds everything together, including every step that I take. He cares about the birds (Luke 12: 6), and I can rest assured that He cares for me even more (Luke 12: 21).

I have stopped trying to figure everything out today. Now, I just want to know more about Him who has been from the beginning, and He who is all about taking care of me.

And He is all about taking care of you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment