Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Don't Want to Feel Better -- I Want to Know He Cares for Me!

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5: 5-7)
 
God cares about you and me.
 
He cares about me.
 
I have had a hard time resting in this truth.
 
I am so easily upset.
 
The reason why I was so easily upset, I learned, rests in the fact that He is taking care of me all the time.
 
He invites us all of u trusting Him with all our cares.
 
This has been very difficult for me, as I am so used to taking care of things myself.
 
At this point in my life, I find that there is less that I can take care of, and more that I have to trust Him to take care of.
 
Such is the full meaning of growing in grace.
 
Alcoholics Anonymous sent a message that there was this loving God, yet I could be cut off from this loving God based on how I felt or what I was thinking.
 
Such is the full meaning of mind control, which defines AA.
 
Any program which pushes emotional balance as a final goal is missing the big picture.
 
I do not want to feel better. I want the source of fear, pain, and upset removed from my life.
 
The cares of this life are all bound up in the sense that I am alone, and that I have to fend for myself.
 
Yet that is not the case at all:
 
"5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13: 5)
 
 Lord Jesus, I am not afraid to write this -- show me more how you wish to the servant working in me, that you are my life, and this life is as easy as receiving from you:
 
"For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." (Mark 10: 45)

No comments:

Post a Comment