Saturday, May 17, 2014

Know the Truth -- Not Feel Better

"31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8: 31-32)

It's about knowing the truth of the Gospel, the Gospel of grace (Galatians 1: 6, 2: 5, 14; 3 John 2-4)

I have revisited this topic many times.

I do not want to feel better.

Such demands were the crux of the problem for the Israelites wandering in the wilderness in Numbers 21, and such is the problem for too many Christians today, including myself.

I wanted to feel that God loved me, but when circumstances were not always looking, when I was angry or upset.

I kept seeing the feelings as a gauge for whether God was with me or against me.

The issue is not feelings, but thinking the truth, renewing our minds to the Word of God, not the world of man:

"1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12:1-2)

How are we transformed? Notice that Paul writes "Be transformed", not "transform yourselves".

Paul writes to the Corinthians how we are transformed:

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3: 18)

Not feeling, not struggling, but beholding!

Check out also what John wrote in his Gospel account:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1: 14)

Wow! When you behold the glory of Jesus, you see the Father, and you receive more of His Grace and Truth.

Wow - the more that you know the truth, the more that you are set free.

If there is any bondage in our lives, the reason falls on the fact that there is more about the grace of God through Christ Jesus that we do not know yet.

I don't want to wait any longer! Please, Jesus, show me more of your grace and truth in my life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment