Wednesday, May 7, 2014

His Perfect Love Casts Out Fear

I have written before about this wonderful truth.

For years, I tried to psych my way out of fear.

I tried to tell myself why I should not be afraid.

I kept thinking that if I had the right mindset, if I put enough effort into pushing away the feelings, then I would not be afraid.

It never worked. Never.

Fears were still very strong in my life.

I did not have the rich full knowledge of how much God the Father loves me, and this love has nothing to do with what I am feeling.


It has everything to do with His being in my life!    

His love is all about revealing and releasing all blessings in our lives.

This evil cult AA teaches us that how we feel can block God's love in our lives.

That is a lie:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

Followed by:

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4: 18)

This perfect love rests on this -- that God our Father sees us not just as His dear children, but as His only begotten Son, Jesus!

We have received a new life in Christ Jesus, and His standing: righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.

This new habit of mind has taken a while for me. Whenever I get upset or fearful in my mind, the last thing that I want to do is go right to God and say "Show me more of how much you love me."

Yet we are invited to come boldly before the throne of grace in our time of need. Don't heed your feelings, or even your fears. Because of all that Jesus has done at the Cross, we can know and believe in His love, even if we are upset in any way.

"37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8: 37-39)

This love has nothing to do with me, and certainly nothing to do with what I feel:

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." (1 John 4: 16)

We have known, and when we know that He loves us, and that this love is unconditional, then we believe it, and then we feel it. For this reason, Paul invited us to renew our minds, not our feelings.

Perfect love, His perfect love, casts our all fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment