Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Truth That Sets Me Free

The revelations about the AA cult has open my eyes more than I could have ever imagined.

I never realized that the program was creating such damaging  mind control.

For years, I saw the world through the eyes of "Do good, get good. Do bad, get the bat."

That's not who God is at all.

Yet our minds and our bodies are driven to that kind of thinking in the first place.

I was so geared to seeing God as someone who may or may not be on my side.

There was so much frustration, so much toxic thinking in my life.

The irony was that the very program which told me to avoid stinking thinking, AA, was created that stinking thinking.

I lived in such mental bondage, trying to think or feel a certain way.

So in bondage to what I was feeling, so in bondage to what I was thinking.

I , I , I.

So much bondage in ourselves.

Wasn't AA supposed to be about getting us out of ourselves in the first place?

No it isn't.

God  is love, and this love was manifested to us in what Jesus did at the Cross.

God is all give, that we may in turn give to others.

For so long, I was trying to give and love out of my emptiness, out of my frustrated efforts.

And lo and behold -- there was nothing but frustration.

The truth has set me free - the truth that in Christ, I am justified from all wrongdoing and brought into perfect fellowship with Him!

Wow! I hate AA, a terrible cult which teaches people that God is demanding from us,  when we have nothing to give, and He knows this. Instead, He wants us to receive all things from Him, that we may give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment