Saturday, May 24, 2014

His Cross is Greater Than Our Burdens

This revelation has been one of the greatest.

God's love is greater than every setback, every hurt, every fear and failure.

We cannot esteem His love at the Cross as less than anything else that we see in this life.

His love covers a multitude of sins, in fact His love covers all the sins of the world (1 John 2:1-2)

For me, as far as my imagination was concerned, I still all that Jesus did for me at the Cross as too small to deal with the big stuff.

Why did I see the Cross as so small?

Because I was focused so much on what I was thinking, and then I was focused on what I was feeling, as though His grace still depended on me in some way.

Then it is not grace at all.

It's not just what happened at the Cross, but what it means.

Satan's greatest trap to this day has been to minimize the Cross rather than try to get rid of it.

His love has overcome everything in the world.

We do not have to feel it. Just see it and rest in the truth of His love.

Paying less attention to the condemnation of men, or our feelings about it, we realize that through Christ, we have overcome the world (John 16: 33), and that our faith in what Jesus did is the overcoming power we need:

"1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." (1 John 5: 1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment