Monday, May 5, 2014

All That Upset Was Never Me!

We will never rest if we do not believe that He is taking care of everything.

That God our Father -- not just some conception but the Truth who sets us free -- is taking care of everything is essential to growing in grace.

The reason why I was so full of fear, though, rested in the poor understanding of how great God is.

He is taking care of everything.

His working in my life has nothing to do with me at all.

I do not have to work double-time in my mind, my head, my thinking, or my anything else to ensure that He is in business, and in the business of taking care of me.

He covers every inch of the universe, and He is taking care of every moment before and after.

Even if I fear for tomorrow, it makes no difference, for He is with me.

I do not have to feel that He is here, because there is no way that He would not be here for me with me, and leading me in all things.

Now I am starting to learn something really wonderful.

For years, because of the upsets of not knowing how great He is, I was constantly fearful, having no idea that He is providing everything -- Everything! -- for me.

Yet a sense of unease, a sense of frustration and difficult took center place, at least in the back o f my head.

This sense of foreboding just would not go away.

For so long, I was convinced that I had to do something about the burning frustration in the back of my head.

Today, I am realizing that not only do I not have to do anything about that upset in the back of my head, but the thoughts of "what will you do?" and "what will happen if?" are not even revelant questions for me to answer. It makes no difference, because who God is, and how much He loves me, has nothing to do with me at all.

Still, for years  I was carried away by this frustration, as though everything depended on me in some way.

Such thinking was never true, yet this false, all too limiting conception of God was what I was taught for so long.

For too long.

This lie, that limited God and made Him seem oh too small to step into my life -- caught me up in great bondage.

I did not need to feel better.

I needed to see how big God is and that He is huge in my life, regardless of how I feel.

He is taking care of everything. All He asks of us is to believe on Him.

It is that simple, because He is the way, and the only Way who provides us truth and life.

So, if there is any upset, any sense of "what if" at this point, the issue cannot be resolved by psyching myself not to be afraid.

The truth lies in knowing more about how much My Daddy loves me.

The fearful upset in our lives has been fully paid for because of what Jesus did at the Cross. This life is no longer about doing more, but about receiving more of Him who has been from the beginning (1 John 2: 4-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment