Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The New Covenant Has Nothing to Do With Us

Alcoholics Anonymous is all about getting people to do more about themselves.

The program teaches people that they have to work a program, and maintain themselves in spiritually fit condition.

The mixing of physical exercise metaphors with the spirit of man should raise flags right away.

Our spirit needs to be in fit condition. Really?

The New Covenant which Jesus cut for all of us at the Cross, this is a covenant which God did everything, because we could do nothing:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

and then the New Covenant:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
The New Covenant is all about "I will". . ."I will". . ."I will"
 
It's not the steps that you take, but the steps which He has taken and is taking for us.
We can add nothing, not one thing, to what Jesus has done for us, and that He is blessings with all things in Himself:
 
"And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work." (Romans 11: 6)
 
We are not trying to be righteousness before God, and we are not seeking righteousness through our own efforts. We receive the gift of righteousness and keep receiving it because Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, put away the ordinances which were against us, and grant us His peace and prosperity in all things.
 
The New Covenant has nothing to do with us, and we do not have to do anything in order that God can live and work in us, but believe on Him who the Father sent to die for us, to rise for us, to live in us (John 6: 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment