Friday, March 21, 2014

Love of the Father: More than a Feeling

Our love for God is nothing.

We cannot love God enough, and the law which He handed down to the Israelites is both fulfilled and rendered done because of what Christ Jesus did at the Cross.

Instead of our trying to love God or others, we are invited to let Him love us, and His love informs us to love others in turn:

"We love him, because he first loved us." (1 John 4: 19)

I am learning so much more about God's love for me.

His love has nothing to do with how I feel.

Nothing at all.

If I feel fear, if I sense reproach, all I have to do is look to the perfect man at the Father's right hand, Jesus (Hebrews 1: 3)

He is the propitiation, the mercy seat for all my sins (1 John 2:2 ) as well as the sins of the entire world.

The entire world includes those who do not (yet) believe on Jesus yet.

All we have to do is believe!

Now, about the love of the Father.

For the first time in a long time, if not ever, I have been learning the importance of growing in understanding of how  much God loves me.

God loves me, and that is not some idle notion or emotion.

His love for me has nothing to do with how I feel, by the way, and nothing to do with what I do or think, either.

Because of the mind-control nonsense in the AA cult, though, in which we start to think and feel that how we think or what we feel can block God from working in our lives, then I began also to struggle convinced that I had to maintain a certain level of emotional balance in order of God to be with me, so to speak.

But what does the Bible say?

"37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8: 37-39)

Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Yet why did I still struggle in this life? Because I did not understand that God is committed to working in and through me, taking care of all my needs according to His riches in glory, that He cares for me, and therefore invites me to cast all my cares on Him (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

And why did I have such a limited understanding of God's love for me?

Easy -- the AA cult, which told me that I could operate on my own conception of God, yet at the same time had to work a set of steps.

That is not love, and we cannot know the love of God based on such stupid rules and regulations.

We need to understand God's love for us, and that begins with knowing that He totally accepts us, and this acceptance was bought and paid for with His Son's death on the Cross!

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment