Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Law is Not for Sons -- Grace!

This truth has been too much for me.

I could not quite understand the power of God's grace in my life.

I never realized that it is all of Christ, none of us.

It is all of Christ, all of Himself, and not about what we do, what we try to accomplish in ourselves.

The revelation which has taken me a long time to receive is that I am not under law, not under sin, but under grace.

Under the grace of God.

Not my efforts, but His Work. Not my striving, but His thriving.

The law was never meant for me, ever.

I was never supposed to try to live a righteous life based on the law, but it's all about the grace of God.

I have to report this. I do not meant to cast shame or aspersions on my parents. They did the best that they could to assist me and to help me to grow.

Yet from the moment that my mother rigorously schooled me in Alcoholics Anonymous, it was a life of trying to be OK with God.

That seemed like the norm to me. It was all about my doing more. It was all about striving in my efforts, instead of resting in His love for me.

How could I ever know that He was on my side, as long as I was still looking at my sins, and I was looking at my sins because I was looking that law, the Ten Commandments, the ordinances which are against all men, ministering nothing but shame, death, and condemnation.

Now I understand the pain and frustration which I had been facing during so many difficult times in my life. I could never quite put my finger on the fear and upset in my life, the "fearful looking after of judgment" mentioned in Hebrews 10: 26-27.

The law is no more in my life. The law is fulfilled in Christ, and there is no going back.

Too many Christians, however, still want to live under law, convinced that they can do it, or worse, they are informed that they are on their own in this life.

This life, however, is Christ's life living in us. If we do not understand that He came to make dead people live, then dead people, or living Christians still in their flesh, will try to live the Christian life on their own, and produce the works of the flesh, the very things which they do not want to see in their lives.

I did not see Jesus big enough in my life. I did not understand how great He is, and par of the reason why is that I was taught to factor in and rely on my own conception of God.

We cannot conceive how great he is -- it is just plain impossible!

The law precludes our understanding of God. The law is not of faith, but anyone who wants to live under law must keep the whole law, which no one can do.

No one at all.

Yet the loneliness of this law was so great, precisely because I had no idea how much He loved me. As long as I was convinced that I had to take care of everything myself, I was back under law, forced and pressed to make the most of this life, figuring everything out on my own.

Such is the result of religion, including the AA cult, which ultimately teaches people to be completely dependent on a group of people or the thoughts and feelings of others.

We receive life, a new identity, a righteous standing before God. He works within us, grants us His  peace, and guides us by this same peace.

This life is too short, too good for us to throw it away trying to follow a set of rules, when the Ruler, the King of the Universe, wants to serve us, and let us use Him, for He is our life.

Law is not for sons. The Ten Commandments were never for me, and the Twelve Steps are an evil cult which brings men and women into greater bondage, all which claiming to grant freedom and release.

It's all of God's grace in our lives. All of His grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment