Monday, March 31, 2014

Stop Fixing Yourself

Alcoholics Anonymous induces, or rather seduces people to think that they are still not OK with God.

A sense of guilt and shame stays with people, and they can sense no rest in their daily walk, because every day they are just keeping themselves - themselves! - one step ahead of whatever addiction, perversion, or problem in their lives.

Life is not about maintaining one step ahead of our sicknesses, diseases, hurts, habits, or hangups.

That is not what life is about at all.

Life is the Person of Jesus Christ living and through us.

Life is not about fixing our problems, but resting in the Solution: Jesus

"8I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." (Psalm 16: 8-9)
 
This verse Peter quotes on the full Day of Pentecost:
 
"25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
 
"26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:" (Acts 2: 25-26)
 
We have this rest because of what Jesus did at the Cross. We are no longer looking at ourselves, as Adam and Eve did the moment that they ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
 
This whole life of fixing ourselves instead of fix our eyes on Him who fixes us, that has to stop.
 
We are not called to fix ourselves. We are called to let Him fix us, transform us from glory to glory.
 
It's all about Jesus, and He is all about you!
 
"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 32)
 
and then
 
"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3: 18)
 
and also
 
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" (Philippians 1: 6)
 
We are not responsible for making ourselves better. We are responsible for believing on Jesus, and letting His life live through us.
 
This wonderful revelation has been difficult for me, but because of the grace of God growing in me, I understand now who God is in full, and His desire to bless me in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment