Monday, March 24, 2014

No More Condemnation -- None!

There is no condemnation in Christ.

There is no expectation that we have to do or have or be anything in order to be justified, to be accepted, to make ourselves feel that we are in good stead with our Daddy God.

As I am learning more about the grace of God, and as I learn  more that the Ten Commandments was a ministry of condemnation and death meant for the Israelites, fulfilled by Christ Jesus when He died on the Cross, now I am beginning to understand the bondage and frustrations which I was facing.

I now understand why I was so easily offended, frustrated, embittered.

I realize now why I was so easily frightened, too.

We cannot believe that we have perfect standing before God, and then we cannot receive anything from Him.

We must believe that all our sins are put away forever, and therefore the writing of ordinance which was against us has been fulfilled forever.

When we rest in this powerful truth, that there is nothing that can stop us. There is no sense of fear and upset in our lives which will preventing us from stepping out in faith and trust in all that God has for us.

We cannot believe and receive His grace unless we accept the gift of righteousness, apart from works which no one can earn, let alone rest in as long as we think that we have a part to play, or that something more needs to be done by us.

This was the bondage that I suffered under for so long.

I had to think, feel, hope, wonder, or do something in order to be accepted, to be OK with God.

Yet all the doing had already been done, at the Cross.

I was not in bondage to the Ten Commandments, as much as I was looking to the Twelve Steps for guidance. But what can the Twelve Steps give anyone, really?

More condemnation, and a sense that one may fail, and have nothing to show for all one's efforts.

There is no condemnation in Christ, not in ourselves, and we are set free from the curse of the law, and the law has been fulfilled, put away forever because of what Jesus did!

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment