Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reproach Retrenched in AA

Imagine waking up every day with a sense of reproach, a sense of "I am not OK" and "I have to work certain steps so that my OK-ness does not step out and mess with me.

That is what the AA cults does to everyone of its members.

This cult imfuses people with an identity of reproach, and keeps them in bondage to this lie every day.

We need a new identity, a better, greater standing, which we do not find through our efforts, but through the effort of what Jesus did at the Cross.

This sense of reproach, this sense of "I am not OK" is very strong, and it has to be removed in our lives.

When other people reproach, or shame us - guess what,  we get very angry, and feel compelled to punch back or reproach someone else.

I never understood where that upset came from.

I could not figure it out, and I kept thinking that there was something that I had to do or to think in order to be set free from the pain.

Today, I understand now that peace is not something that I do, but something which Jesus has done. In fact, He is my peace:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" (Ephesians 2: 14)

There is no reproach, there is no sense that someone else needs to pay for our sins or the sins of other people, because Jesus Christ has paid for them all.

When He died on the Cross, He not only died for our sins, but condemned the sin in our flesh, and thus fulfilled the law, rendering it fully inoperative.

When we understand that the sin in our flesh has been condemned, as well, then we reign in life, no longer overcome with the sin and the shame which held down our old man Adam.

AA wants to slam people with a sense of shame which they can never get rid of, but merely keep in check. Jesus grants us newness of life, which we can never lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment