Sunday, April 28, 2019

Believe on Him Whom the Father Has Sent

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29)



I used to struggle with this.

He asked us to trust in Him, to believe on Him, and that was the one work?

Really?!

Don't I have to go to work? Doesn't He require us to wake up and do things?

Here's the response to this set of questions. All of this finally makes sense to me.

We need to see how big Jesus is. We need to see that He is a Savior for all our needs, for everything that we are facing in this life.

He is active.

He is alive.

He cares for you and me.

Ten years ago, I did not see Jesus as a living PERSON. I did not recognize Him as someone who was taking care of me every step of the way.

I am seeing more of how much He loves me, how much he cares for me.

I am finally understanding how active He is in my life. He is my life!

This is something that I did not learn right away. I had heard, I had learned so many verses, but never saw God as active. He was still just an idea in my life. That was all.

I am seeing more that He is the active component to all things in my life. Amen to all of this.

To Believe on Him whom the Father hath sent. The issue is now more than "believing on Him."

It's about seeing more of Him, that we may know more of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment