Sunday, January 27, 2013

Why People Cannot Make You Mad

Men and women are not defined by their soul or their sense.

We are defined by spirit, by the eternity which God has set in our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3: 11).

Thus, we have no reason, no business to apply or define ourselves by what is see, for only what is invisible to the naked eye is eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18)

So, people cannot really make us mad, since who we are has nothing to do with who we are.

In fact, everything that we have. Everything that we are, is bound up in Christ:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

We are to reckon ourselves dead in the flesh (Romans 6:11). We are called to set our eyes on things above (Colossians 3:1-4), for Jesus Christ is our life.


People cannot make us mad if they attack our bodies or our minds. We relate to God through our spirits, and men can do nothing about our perfect standing of righteousness in Christ.

I used to be so easily hurt, so easily crushed by the shock, awe, the slights and slanders of men.

Now I see that I am a new creation in Christ. I do not see myself, but I see Christ Jesus and Him crucified as the source of every good thing in my life.

Paul writes that we are to bring all things into captivity to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10: 5)

Why do we bring every thought into Christ's obedience?

 Because when Jesus Christ obeyed his Father, by taking on the form of man and dying on the Cross, he ended up cutting the New Covenant with His blood:

"For this is my blood of the new testament which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Matthew 26: 28)

"Testament" is the same word for "Covenant".

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8::10-12)

When we live our lives Christ-conscious, we rest in His righteousness, which then activates the entire New Covenant -- He guides us from within through His laws in our hearts and minds. He is a God for us, and we are His people. He teaches us about Himself without any effort or striving on our part. Why? Because only the blood of Jesus can wipe away our sin, and make us so clean that God's Holy Spirit can enter us, so that Christ Jesus can be our glory from within.

We are no longer defined by what we think, nor do we get discouraged by what we feel. The curses of men cannot light upon us, either, because in Christ we enjoy the New Covenant as New Creation in Christ, that all our sins are forgiven.

The reproach of men cannot attack your Spirit. The grace of God abounds in the midst of man's wickedness. No weapon formed against you can prosper.

People cannot make you mad, also, because the fears and resentments of man is in his flesh, and you and I do not identify with our flesh anymore, because we are alive in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment