Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why I was So Unhappy Part II

So,  people would get on my nerves, people would make me mad.

People cannot make you mad. People cannot make you scared or frustrated, either.

If you know who is your God, than nothing can bring you down, nothing at all.

That sin conscience causes more problems than it solves.

It makes people feel defenseless and alone.

Thank you, God the Father for the New Covenant:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

We are not responsible for watching out for ourselves. He promises to be a God for us. This promise does not, shall not, cannot have anything to do with us.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of righteousness, people! Not of sin, not of judgment, but of righteousness:

"8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." (John 16: 8-11)

Righteousness belongs to us, since "we" see Jesus no more with our limited five senses, but instead He abides in us through the Holy Spirit, and through the Spirit we receive the Kingdom of Heaven, which is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14: 17).

This righteousness is a gift (Romans 5:17), which we are called to keep receiving, no matter what happens. Established in righteousness, we are free to receive all of Him, all of his grace.

I am not my feelings. Yet for too long, I was trying to fix my feelings.

The Bible teaches us otherwise. We are called to fix our  hearts on Himself, and our hearts to be established in grace.

Now I understand the peace of contentment which is the rich legacy of all who choose to believe on Him whom God the Father has sent (John 6: 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment