Saturday, January 12, 2013

Let Go and Let God Depends on His Righteousness: Part II

"Let Go and Let God".

I wrote before about this trite phrase which more often than not creates contrite frustration for members of AA.

How can I believe that God is taking care of everything if I have to maintain my spiritual fitness before Him?

This is crazy. If I am constantly looking at myself to make sure that I am OK with God, there is no way that I can let go and let Him take care of anything.

From the previous post, you can take in the truth that our righteousness does not depend on us, cannot come from us. We either receive it as a gift of grace because of Christ's death on the Cross, or we can try to earn it, and fail every time.

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive ([lit. are receiving] abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17)

But not:

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20)

For the Christian in the Body of Christ, righteousness is a gift that we keep receiving because of the inner witness of the Holy Spirit, who grants to us adoption into Christ (Romans 8: 15) and puts God's laws in our heart and mind (Hebrews 8: 10-12):

"8And when he [The Holy Spirit]  is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more."(John 16: 8-10)

Everyone of us has an inner witness of righteousness because of the Holy Spirit. Instead of overwhelming ourselves with "Twelve Steps", which frustrate the grace of God in our lives, let us rest and receive the gift of righteousness from the Holy Spirit, the same righteousness which enforces the rest of the New Covenant in our lives on earth and for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment