Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why I Was So Unhappy Part III

I looked at my feelings for a gauge as to what I should do in this life. If you face nothing but conflict in a tight moment, then what will you have?

Every decision turned into a three act play. What if I did the wrong thing? What if I said the wrong words?

Nothing like Jesus' advice, in which He simply tells us to trust the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit, who gives us all wisdom and knowledge, leads everyone of us. No need to wonder what to do, what to say:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Hebrews 8: 10)

He puts His laws in  my heart and mind. He guides me from within through the peace of Christ, which serves as the final judge, or arbiter, of all things.

You need any information? Ask God for wisdom, for Christ is made unto every believer Wisdom, along with every other good and perfect gift (1 Corinthians 1: 30; James 1: 17)

I did not believe that God was for me.

I had often believed that I had to act a certain way, or think certain thoughts, or fight against bad thoughts in order to stay in contact with the Lord.

All of this nonsense was taught to me from a young age in AA.

For so many years, I would sit in the bus, sit in the classroom, listen to other people, but I never wanted to share my thoughts or my views on anything, because I was afraid to do or say something wrong.

Sin conscience strikes again -- boo!

I was thinking about myself all the time. That's just wrong. I was wondering what other people were thinking of me. Doubly wrong.

I have only recently learned about:
"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

Wow! Boldness! That's what I had always wanted. I wanted to be able to stand up to those people who had offended me as a kid, and now I know why it was so hard for me to stand up for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment