Thursday, January 24, 2013

Who the Solution is. . .Jesus

I worked at a charter school, too, got everything that I wanted.

And I was still plagued by this confusion.

What was I supposed to be doing, exactly? How did I know that I was doing the right thing or the wrong thing?

I was so sin conscious in those days. The amount of tension and trauma that I felt on the inside was just more than I could imagine. No wonder I crashed and walked off the job.

First, I had not sense of rest or trust as to what I was sensing, feeling, what I wanted or did not want. I could do whatever I wanted, then a "whatever" attitude would be the dominant factor in my life.

The New Covenant deals with this problem:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:"

I also felt very alone, as if God was someone whom I had to hold onto, not someone who was watching out for me and moving in my life. The second part of verse ten puts that lie to death:

"And I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Hebrews 8: 10)

Wow. The LORD Yahweh, who was and is and ever will be, is my God. He will move in my life in anyway that I need. He quickens in my heart what He has made me to be -- the righteousness of God in Christ -- and He moves within me both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

He has an intimate, fully caring relationship with me, because He gives to me the same standing as His own Son by the power of the Holy Spirit. I receive this Spirit of Sonship, and my heart cries out "Daddy!"

I never knew that Jesus Christ lives in me, or that His life in me was leading me in the Way that He wanted me to do.

One friend comforted me with "He will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13: 5) For some reason, this was not good enough for me, and I never quite understood why. I "felt" that Jesus was far away, and these feelings were often all over the place. Feelings speak of "self", of "the flesh", but every believer is called to rest in His righteousness, not run to his or her own works and trust in his feelings.

Wow, how confused I was.

Rest is the last thing most Christians talk about, but Jesus Christ invites us to let Him be our rest.

I am thrilled to be able to explain everything finally and at last to myself and to anyone who many find himself or herself suffering through the same confusion of hearing New Covenant promises yet still laboring under Old Covenant traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment