Saturday, January 19, 2013

It was a Guilty Conscience All Along!

I felt bad all the time.

I felt that I had done something wrong, or that my bad feelings suggested that I was doing something wrong, and therefore I and neither right nor authority to speak up for myself.

I could never be sure if I was being rightly or wrongly offended.

I acted as if I was all alone in this world.
Notice the prevalence of "I" in this post. Paul wrestled with "self" with "I" so much in Romans 7, but who we are in ourselves is nothing but dead, and any attempt to improve ourselves produces weak and beggarly elements all the way.

Such is the result of a sin conscience, in which the sense of wrong-doing and foreboding stays with someone. We know that we must measure up, but we cannot measure up in anything that we do. This realization produces despondency and death. Too often, death overtakes men and women in AA through suicide.

AA fosters this wickedness. Men and women are not meant to walk about feeling sorry for themselves and holding themselves accountable to live according to a set of rules.

The Law, the knowledge of Good and Evil, invokes nothing but condemnation and death.

God wants us to have life and that more abundantly.

It was the Twelve Steps which fostered this awful sense of ill-will in my life.

Pastor Joseph Prince mentions that condemnation is the root of all of man's problems.

He was not kidding:

"26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10: 26-27)

There is no other sacrifice left, there is not other way to pay for our sins, or to rid ourselves of the sin conscience. Either we believe that Jesus Christ did it all, or we do not believe it at all. Either we rest in His Promise, or we never rest, and we bear condemnation and death in our bodies, alienated in our minds, and lost to eternal life, or for the believer lost to all the good things which God works within us and outside of us to our benefit and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment