Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why I Was So Unhappy Part IV

I never could stand up to people.

I was so bad with this: I would rehearse the hurts and slights of the past like the worst of them.

Shame on AA. Shame on Bill W., and shame on the therapists and social workers who reduce right and wrong,  righteousness and condemnation, to silly concepts of a bygone era.

The truth does not go away. The stability of what is, what was, what will be does not go away. Simple as that.

You cannot stand  up for anything if you feel that you have no right or reason to stand.

I used to feel angry and fearful about meeting certain people, but the biggest reason for this unease was that I never understood why I was so easily upset, why I seemed to have no control over how I felt.

I was upset, and I did not know what. I felt scared, and I did not know what to do about it.

I was so "afraid" of meeting certain people, for I had tied up my identity, my standing with how I felt.

Under the New Covenant, who we are has nothing to do with who we are.

We have received the Spirit of Adoption. True repentance has nothing to do with what we do for God, but everything to do with what God has done for us.

Will we let God pick us up? Will we receive the gift of God's own Son, Jesus Christ? Do we accept that He is the propitiation of all our sins, or not? Do we let Him save us through every difficulty of our lives, or not?

I was so unhappy, because I had believed, what so many Christians believe, that Jesus saves us from death to life, but as for living on this earth, we are on our own.

That is not the Gospel at all. We have received not just forgiveness of our sins, but we  have received Jesus' own life and standing. If that does not make you happy, I do not know what to tell you.

I walked around with a sin conscience, because I believed like so  many people that I had to make mention of my sins, get back and stay on God's good side. So, we find ourselves looking at ourselves, which the Devil enjoys immensely.

Today, now is the acceptable time. Believe all that Jesus has said and done and worked for you in your life.

Look at Him, not yourself, for as He is, so are we in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment