Sunday, September 2, 2012

More on the Ninth Step

The Ninth Step is all about making amends for the wrong that we have done in our lives.

Yet when I was practicing this step, I found that in some cases the guilt about what I had done simply did not go away.

The guilt for what we have done simply cannot go away by "confessing".

Someone has to pay for what I have done, and if I could not make neither a direct nor an indirect amends, then what was I to do?

We cannot admit to ourselves that "Boys will be boys" -- something in our flesh, something our psyche will demand retribution, restitution for what we have committed, and also for what other people have done to us.

Only in the Cross of Jesus Christ do we find the final relief!

In Him, all of our sins -- past, present, future -- are gone for good:

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment