Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Flea, Dog, Worm"


I had an intensely abusive upbringing, in large part because of the mixed and contradictory messages which I found in AA.

I cannot believe that I was actually taught to give any credence to anything else plus the Word of God.

Yet so I was raised to believe that the Bible in itself was not practical enough.

Yet righteousness and grace are as practical as it gets to living out the Christ-Life which He has so freely given us!

I was taught that I had to be careful of me "ego" -- and that is just the emptiest folly altogether.

The more that we look on Jesus, seated at the right hand of the Father, the more we find His life welling up within us!

This is the life that we are called to believe, receive, then release!

"I am a flea, a dog, and a worm" -- this is what one member would say to me over and over.

What does the Bible say about me?:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

The more that we see ourselves fully established in Him, in His righteousness (Isaiah 54: 14), the greater the victory that we will see in our lives!

Alcoholics Anonymous is a pernicious cult, and to every believer who is caught up in the program, I invite you to receive Jesus in all His fullness, adding nothing to His Finished Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment