Friday, January 3, 2014

We Are Redeemed All At Once

"1But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine." (Isaiah 43: 1)

This verse instilled in me so much life and wonder when I first read it.

At the time that I was reading and drawing my insights from passages of Scripture, I found that I was losing the comfort which I had once held in such great joy.

The Scriptures speak of one person, Jesus, and what He has done, the Cross.

This witness is found in the Word of God, not in the traditions of men.   

We are redeemed fully and forever, all at once, not in stages or in steps, as the purveyors of the AA cult would suggest.

I never understood the fullness of that verse in Isaiah 43, until I realized the lasting damage of the AA cult, which fails 95% of its members, while the remaining 5% stick around, only because they use other psychotropic drugs.

There is no life, there is no recovery, there is no victory in AA.

We are redeemed all at once in Christ, and there is no reason for us to seek rescue or aid in anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment