Saturday, January 25, 2014

A God of My Understanding is Not God

I need a God who is greater than my understanding.

Otherwise, this "god" is not a God at all.

As long as we permit anyone, or anything else to define God for us, we will find our thinking trapped, limited, and bankrupt.

And this conception of God cannot work with the revealed LORD God of the Bible, for that supposition requires the God in the Bible to submit to the counsel of the ungodly, as though the steps devised by men could perfect or complete the work which Christ finished at the Cross.

A God of my understanding, or anyone else's understanding, will be a mere projection of the authority figures whom we have interacted with in our past.

Did you have an abusive childhood? Imagine projecting that abusive parent onto your conception of God!

I endured that kind of abuse for a long time. I had no idea what was going on. I had no idea who to talk to. I had no proper understand of God and his grace.

None. Such is the result of allowing someone else to define God for you, instead of the Bible.

I am so enthused with the growing revelation of God's grace in my life.

I spent so much time trying to fix my feelings, when what I really needed was a greater revelation of God, because I do not understand Him:

"8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 
"10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
 
"11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55: 8-11)
 
His Word prospers all things, not the empty rhetoric of AA, which prospers no one and brings all too many into bondage.
 
I have since realized that I was all caught up in trying to hold onto God. He has been holding onto all of  us. For this reason, I lived in so much bondage, as though I had to hold onto God, when any conception of God will automatically bring us into bondage which no one can escape.

John teaches that Fathers in the faith know "Him who has been from the beginning" (1 John : 12-14). That's Jesus! He is a Savior and Lover like no other. He is Life, and He wants to be the life for everyone of us who believe on Him!

I cannot understand this great love, but I receive it in great measure, nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment