Sunday, January 19, 2014

God: He Understands Me Better

In the previous post, I stated at length from Scripture that the Lord as revealed in the Bible is greater than our understanding.

I do not want a God that I conjure up, or that I can conceive. Such a god would be too small for all of my challenges.

Besides, our conception of God is nothing, because whatever we understand to be God, that idea must submit to the man made Twelve Steps.

If God is so great, then why do we have to use steps which some guy dreamed up, or conceived, or something else.

AA is a devilish cult, one which replaces the consummate goodness of God, which leads to true repentance (Romans 2: 4), and replaces it one faux-guru's greed and egomania.

Not only do I want to know God, who is far greater than my understanding, but the Bible represents to us a God who understands us, and who understands me better than I can ever understand myself:

"Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?" (Job 11: 7)

and

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Romans 11: 33)

But about us:

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4: 10)

He keeps on serving as my mercy seat, by the way! (1 John 1: 7; 1 John 2: 2)

Here's more about how Jesus knows us:

"But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? (Galatians 4: 9)

Jesus ministers on my behalf at the right hand of God the Father, too!

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8: 34)

and

"Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life." (Hebrews 7: 16)

This priest knows everything that we have been through, by the way:

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4: 15)

For a glimpse of God's love for us, we can see how much God loved His people Israel:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29: 11)

Jesus shared the depths of God's love for us:

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." (Matthew 10:30)

and

"Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Matthew 10: 31)

But most importantly:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

He understands me better than myself, and He loves me as much as He loves Jesus!

I want to grow in grace and knowledge of the LORD, who has revealed Himself fully in His Son Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment