Sunday, January 5, 2014

Twelve Steps Because of the Stumbing Block of Faith

"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste." (Isaiah 28: 16)

Many Christians do not understand that Jesus is a sure foundation for our righteousness.

We do not rest in our works, because our works can never end.

We do not work for our righteousness, since all our good works are as filthy rags to God (Isaiah 64: 6)

Do we believe that we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

Do we believe that the gift of righteousness is something that we get to receive, and keep receiving (Romans 5: 17)

Oh, the bondage which I used to face in my life.

I would go back to terrible memories in my life.

I used to walk around in nothing but fear and terror.

Yet for those who are established in righteousness, there is no fear or terror:

"14In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee." (Isaiah 54: 14)

Righteousness is absolutely crucial. Jesus made His righteousness the highest priority (Matthew 6: 33)

I never understood that the call to seek His righteousness never meant that we are supposed to attain it, but rather that this righteousness cannot be attained through our efforts. Instead, we receive it as a gift.

Luke's Gospel explains:

"But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 21: 31-32)

No one ever taught me this wonderful truth. For years, I was inbred to the AA cult by an abusive mother, a stepper Mom, who also played a mini-higher power in my life. She would say "The Lord said.  . ." to qualify and justify every thing that she said. So many decisions in my life I could not make, convinced that I had to achieve or receive God's sanction, which I could only attain through what my mother would say.

Spiritual abuse is a serious matter, and by the grace of God through His Son Jesus Christ and the Finished Work of Him Crucified, I wrote this post today to inform all people who have been dragged through the Twelve Steps cult: you can leave, you can enter into the perfect life of Jesus!

We are called to believe on Him (John 6: 29)

I read that beautiful verse without any additions a long time ago. Yet I was not able to settle into that faith. Why? Because I had never believed that He was taking care of all things, and this fear gripped me so strongly only because of the AA cult, which I had assumed was a valid addition to the Word of God.

Furthermore, my understanding, my reception from God the Father was entirely based on the wicked garbage propagated by my abusive mother, who played God in my life for so long, assuming that she could make all the right decisions for me.

Such crippling dependence caused me great hard, and she did not get away with it.

Yet I count nothing lost in my life. If anyone finds this blog and receive the blessed hope of the Bible, which witnesses of Christ and Him Crucified, then I know that He is working miracles all the more in this life.

Twelve Steps was a stumbling block for faith, and many Christians resort to the Twelve Steps because they stumble at the simple truth that we are justified by faith, not by works.

I choose no longer to stumble with unbelief, but rather by the grace of God I walk by faith in Christ and Him Crucified!

No comments:

Post a Comment