Thursday, January 16, 2014

Condemnation (Including AA) Kills -- Christ Saves

People die in AA meetings.

Of course they do. They are still under condemnation, convinced that the debt is not paid.

I have lived under that cloud of a long time.

Today, I declare with glowing fullness: the debt has been paid. The debt was paid in full at the Cross.

Now I grew up in a "Christian home", yet a home where people believed that we have to add to our salvation, that we have to obey the Ten Commandments in order to be blessed.

I was also taught to work the Twelve Steps.

This cult is Twelve Steps to frustration and condemnation. There is no life, no health, no hope in a program when we believe that we have to fix all the problems in our lives.

Jesus did not die on the Cross so that we would continue to die daily in our walk on this earth.

He died on the Cross so that we could live in Christ, or more importantly that Christ can live in us.

He Finished everything at the Cross.

Yet for years, I walked around with this junk in my life, that every time I felt bad, I had to do something about it.

A life of putting out fires, I was going around in circles.

The mechanism in my flesh, and perhaps in the flesh of many people, lies in this insane idea that we have to feel or not feel a certain way, so that we are not frustrated or angry in all that we do.

Christ is our righteousness (1 Corinthians 1: 30) This faith has nothing at all to do with feelings, but everything to do with Christ Jesus. We are not holding onto our righteousness, or any sense of peace in our flesh, but we recognize ourselves dead to sin once and for all (Romans 6: 11-14)

AA kills people. Check out this YouTube clip if you do not believe this reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment