Saturday, January 18, 2014

One More Thing About Forgiveness

The rage, the frustration which I felt for so long -- all of that came back to the false notion that if I felt mad or angry, that I had to still do something about it.

When it comes to explaining the difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge, I am convinced that the difference rests on the following.

We may know something, yet we have not rested in the knowledge as final. We understand certain things in the Bible, yet we are still learning to release wrong, false, and old ideas which do not conform to our greater understanding of God's grace and truth.

We bring a lot of ourselves, from our past, learning, traditions, and prejudices.

The Word of God needs no addition, and grace means nothing if we are trying to accept it with our own efforts, or if we try to confirm God's Word and His goodness  through our limited experience or requiring Jesus to conform to our understanding, our traditions, or our need to be accepted by others.

The more that we understand the fullness of how much we are forgiven through what Jesus did at the Cross, and that His death and resurrection require nothing on our part, then we start to see other habits or ideas in our lives which do not measure up to this truth, and we discard them in turn.

Now that I understand where the source of condemnation was coming from in my life, it has become a lot easier to see what I was never able to live at peace and rest.

For so long, I kept thinking that there was something that I needed to do, or that there was some additional knowledge which I had not yet received.

The truth is that there was many things that I had to unlearn, many wrong ideas which I needed to discard, and the Twelve Step cult was one of them.

When I realized that this terrible program was undermining God's grace in my life, and thus explained many of the hurts and hardships in my life, I stopped striving and started thriving.

Today, I no longer pressed, or forced to forgive people. I now realize that I was trying to o hard, doing too much, and now that I rest in all that Jesus did for me at the Cross, forgiving others and receiving more of His grace and blessings into my life is very simple, and very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment