Monday, September 15, 2014

What He Says, Not What I Feel

I met a good friend of mine today -- Ray is his name.

After a few months, I told him what had been happening to me since the last time that I had seen him.

Because of all the grace and knowledge of the Lord, I was starting to realize that I was not taking God at His Word only, but also adding feelings into the mix.

I had been doing this for years.

Joseph Prince hammers this kind of self-serving behavior. How much we base anything on our feelings shows really how much in bondage we are to ourselves rather than to His Word.

Bob George was more emphatic. He said that He Finished it. Either you believe it, or you don't.

What more will it take?

Man has to be reduced from his own flesh and feelings and submit to the Word of God, and let His Spirit live within and animate him to all things.

This has taken me a long time to accept.

It is what God says, not what I feel, that makes all the difference.

I had misconstrued passages like Isaiah 26: 3, reading them from a man-centered perspective.

He causes us to rest, and we take Him at His Word in all things.

I was so carnal all that time, placing greater faith in my feelings than God's Word.

It has been a tough haul, but I am learning to grow in grace, to see how forgiven I am, and how much God loves me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment