Thursday, September 4, 2014

The New Covenant is the Covenant that Counts

The New Covenant has been in place since the Cross.

Even though I did not know about it, and even though many of the churches that I intended never preached about it, the New Covenant is the Now Covenant:

"(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" (2 Corinthians 6: 2)

For the longest time, I was in bondage to how I felt, then I would find myself in terrible bondage again because the sense of fear and shame simply would not go away.

Like many Christians, I was operating under a mixed system, or a mixed message.

I believed that Jesus had died for all my sins, yet I had to confess my sins to be forgiven.

What?!

I believed that Jesus was taking care of everything in my life, but I had to do my part.

Now hold on a second. If He is taking care of everything, then there is no part which I have to take care of so that He can take care of everything.

How about that?

The New Covenant, new and everlasting, which Jesus cut through His blood at the Cross, which He fulfills today at the right hand of God the Father, is the now and forever promise:

"For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." (2 Corinthians 1: 20)

There has been a lot of noise repaired in my life.

A lot of the bitterness and hurt are drifting away, or falling away from me, just like dead leaves off a living tree.

I had no idea that I was operating under such demand and hardship.

Today, I understand what unconditional love is all about. It is more than a strong feeling from God toward me. It is about a new standing and a new life in His Son.

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment