Thursday, September 11, 2014

Take Him At His Word -- Period!

19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
20Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.
21He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the LORD his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them." (Numbers 23: 19-21)
 
God does not lie.
 
He has blessed us, and He cannot take away these blessings from our lives.
 
We may be unsure about our standing before God, but God is not.
 
When He says that we are forgiven, He was not intent on filling up pages in a book.
 
He intended for us to take Him seriously, because seriously He gave His best: His Son:
 
"31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8: 31-34)
 
What is the key which opens our hearts to receiving everything else?
 
The gift of righteousness, which enforces the New Covenant in our lives:
 
"
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
I admit that I did not believe Hebrews 8: 12. I was still latently accepting that God was remembering my sins, that they were not put away.
 
What had taken me a long time to realize, though, was the reason why I was still mindful of the lie that He was mindful.
 
I had lived under the evil AA cult, which like many religious systems, intentionally keeps men in bondage to their sins and failures, refusing to let them let go.
 
There is remission of sins without the shedding of blood, and the blood of Jesus speaks better things, and cleanses us today from all unrighteousness.
 
Therefore, I do not honor, and nor should you honor, any negative sentiments in your life. 
 
There were so many times in the past, when I was so busy running my feelings by other people.
 
I was holding onto the carnal fraud that I had to feel forgiven, that I had to have proof in my senses,
 
God's Word says it, I believe it. I take Him at His Word. Period!

No comments:

Post a Comment