Thursday, September 4, 2014

Children of a Great God

In 1986, William Hurt starred in a movie called  "Children of a Lesser God"

Today, in Christ Jesus, we are all children in God the Father, who is greater than all other gods, whether created by men or demonic because of angels' fall from their first estate:

"Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them." (Exodus 18: 11)

and then

"And the house which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods." (2 Chronicles 2: 5)

and also

"For I know that the LORD is great, and that our Lord is above all gods." (Psalm 135: 5)

There is no room for Higher Powers in our life. There is on Highest Power, creator of heaven and earth:

"15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven." (Colossians 1: 15-20)

Jesus is the head of all creation. There can only one. There is no conception of God in my head which can stand in place of the God revealed to us in His Word.

Today, we are children of the Great God, our Father:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (John 20: 17)

Today, we are the children of a Great God, not some god that we conceived of, not some figment of our bad parenting or mean experience, but the loving God witnesses to us in His Word, which reveals His Son:

"7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake." (John 14: 7-11)


No comments:

Post a Comment