Monday, September 29, 2014

Experience, not Intellect, of Christ Jesus at Work

Today, I realize that growing in grace and knowledge of the Lord is not about learning about Him.

It is about seeing Him alive in our lives.

Not a figment of our imagination, nor a projection of our parents, but a revelation of all that He is, based on His Word.

Jesus wants us to meet Him in the Scriptures, to see Him as a Savior today, just as He is Saior when He died on the Cross for our sins and rose from the dead for our justification, taking us from dead in our trespasses to alive and seated in heavenly places with Him.

He is alive. He is taking care of me.

I had struggled with panic and fears in my head for the longest time.

I was busy trying to feel better, to get rid of the pain and hurt.

What we need is the truth who sets us free.

He cares for us.

If we worry, we are saying that He does not care for us.

That is patently untrue.

However, I still found myself living in fear and panic about the future.

Why?

Because even though I knew that He would help, I did not believe that He could help.

I treated Jesus, the living Savior, too small.

If we try to understand Him based only on what we think, then we are not growing in knowledge of him.

We are called to a person, and we are invited to trust a Person.

No comments:

Post a Comment