Thursday, September 11, 2014

I Am Totally Forgiven -- He Said So, So it is So

This is a new concept, even though it really should not be.

I am totally forgiven.

I am a forgiven person, identified with redemption.

It is not about how I feel or what I think, and what I feel or think is not a final arbiter of whether I am forgiven or not.

I cannot tell you how much time I had spent trying to feel forgiven, to feel saved, to remove the sense of fear and panic in my life through my efforts.

Perfect love casts out fear, and this love is perfected in us in this -- that as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4: 17)

This powerful truth was in the Bible the whole time, yet no one had ever bothered to teach me.

Then again, you cannot believe that you are totally forgiven, that you are a forgiven person, if you still hold onto the traditions of men, if you still believe that how you feel or what other people think determines whether you are accepted before God or not.

We have God's Word, and His Word is all that we need.

He said so, so it is so. So there.

A massive renewing of the mind has taken place in my life.

Big time.

I am not supposed to spend my time catching my feelings, trying to prevent them in some way.

There was so much noise in my head, and so many setbacks.

There was a chronic fear of shame and hurt, and I had spent so much time running away from challenges, running away from hardships, unable to deal with so much.

Now I see today what was causing all of these setbacks.

Condemnation. I had not rested in the truth that in Christ, every sin has been put away. For so long, I had gotten used to being angry and bitter. Life was about staying one step ahead of bitterness and resentment, and that was all.

On top of that, I had believed for so long that how I felt determined whether God was with me or not with me.

How can we come boldly to the throne of grace if we do not believe that He has taken away all sins, and cleanses us from all unrighteousness?

I am total forgiven. He said so, so it is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment