Monday, September 1, 2014

New Creation -- New Identity -- New Thinking

There were periods of my life where I struggled with guilt and shame.

I struggled because I was struggling.

A lot of it had to do with the bad teaching which I had received as a youth.

I was taught to live under the Twelve Steps, not just the Ten Commandments.

AA is an evil cult, a program of action which keeps men and women in their sins, instead of bringing them into Christ, into a new life.

We are made a New Creation in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5: 17).

We do not try to change ourselves.

We receive His life, and we become sons of God (1 John 3: 1-3).

Why I struggled is that I was identifying with the wrong person.

I am a new creation, I am in Christ.

Therefore, I do not identify with my feelings, with my thoughts, even when they are bad or wrong.

The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7), so there is no reason for us to be sin conscious anymore.

Sometimes, those dire feelings of helplessness return, and I could not understand why.

Then I would get lost in what I needed to do.

That was precisely the problem.

It was never about what I needed to do. It is all about what Jesus has done.

I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5: 17), I have a new identity in Christ (1 John 4: 17), and thus new thinking follows (Romans 12: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment