Saturday, September 6, 2014

Don't Put Faith in Feelings At All

Pastor Joseph Prince reminded me that we are not saved by faith and feelings.

We should not put any trust in how we feel.

If we feel bad, if we feel guilty, that does not mean anything at all.

Today, I recognize that if I feel good, that does not mean anything, either.

We are not saved, we are not set free from sin, because we feel good.

God is not near or far away in our lives because of how we feel.

We are children of God because of His Promises, all of which are yea and Amen because of what Jesus did at the Cross (2 Corinthians 1: 20)

I agree with Pastor Andrew Wommack on this one: men and women, especially in the Body of Christ, have placed to high a premium on our feelings.

They come and go, and in the final analysis, they merely register what we are thinking.

For this reason, Paul invited his fellow Christians to do the following:

"8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." (Philippians 2:8-9)

The mistake which I had made, and which perhaps many others make (in greater part because of the perversions of the AA cult) was that when I felt bad, when I got angry, when I lost my temper, when I had negative thoughts, I would condemn myself.

I would condemn myself, meaning that there was some rule that I was still abiding by, yet not abiding by.

How true that was.

I am a child of God, regardless of how I feel. We cannot put our faith in feelings precisely because they do not define our standing before God at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment