Saturday, February 8, 2014

You are Not Your Feelings (And He Still Loves You!)

We are not our feelings.

We do not define ourselves by our thoughts, resentments, or hurts, and certainly not our destructive habits.

We do not have to be afraid of our feelings, at all.

Now, let me switch the register.

I am not my feelings. Not at all.

"Herein is love perfected among us, that we have boldness in the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

Freedom from self is found in the new an perfect self, Jesus!

As He is now, not just as He was when ministering during his earthly humiliation, so are we in this world.

For everyone of us who believe on Him, we enter into His glory.

Jesus is not under condemnation, and neither are we.

God's love for us is not based on what we feel, but what He did for us at the Cross.

Wow, I was in great bondage for so long. I was convinced that God loved or did not love me based on how I felt.

Isn't that ridiculous?

"37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:37-39)

So, if nothing can separate me from God's love, then why did I have such a hard time receiving all that He promises?

I did not know how to rightly divide the Word.

I had no knowledge that He is living in us, and that He is working in us.

My understanding of how great He is was just too small. So small, that I was convinced that the only if I was doing something, anything, could I be sure that God would, or could work in my life.

The pain of the flesh, the lack of understanding about the Word of God, the poverty of knowledge about the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus: all of these issues occluded a proper understanding of all that Jesus is.

The lies, the distortions, the bad teachings which I had received: all of that had created serious problems for me..

I was reading the Scripture to see myself, when I needed to see Himself.

And when you see Himself (not feel or think about), then you find yourself, because:

"As He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

And when you understand who (because whose) you are, then you are gaining a greater understanding of His perfected love for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment